Monday, January 2, 2012

Looking Out a Window


Waking up this morning, I look to the window that has been mine for the past three or four days, I can't keep track. It may have been the most beautiful window I've ever seen, for not only what is on the outside, the inside or the window itself, but the wind, making the trees blow. The branches outside the window, swaying here and there like a dance, the shadows of the window panes creating their stage, made me feel like in a dream, a perfectly staged scene, almost unreal. The curtain, drawn, is a glistening, shimmering drape, golden white, with a texture like that of sparkling water. This scene, i could stare at for hours, as it still glistens now, dancing on these keys. But every moment must have its own song, and not take the whole of eternity. 

I read an amazing interview this morning about a young girl who is in college and selling her handmade things on ETSY. The biggest thing about this is not that she said anything I'd never heard, but the fact that she is accomplishing and she is doing. The fact that there are other out there who are partaking in the handmade-love movement is  great for my ears to hear. With all that goes on in my life, I feel like I have no time to create, but that is simply just my imagination playing time-warp trick on me. I know that I have time to make valuable and beautiful things, and then have time left over, its a matter of giving my self that chance. I am so afraid of failure that I don't take chances. This realization is one that I have been avoiding for years now, and even now I am not allowing it to sink into my conscienceness. Today, I affirm that I will not let myself get in my own way of creating and being the best that I can be, for the sake of my own dreams. I will follow every path or resistance, and keep creating things that follow why my heart and head resonate with; nature, love, the earth, family, friends, and art. 

To the new year.

-Heron

1 comment:

  1. *Something to add; doing all this ecofriendly fashion mindedness with budgeting in mind! Most often my things are created from recycled/upcycled goods. Most often: WOOL I love seeing other things that are popular!

    ReplyDelete