Monday, January 2, 2012

Beginning Anew


Every impression that we make on this earth begins something. Be it a new creation or the finalization of a project, with every step that we take we are creating something. I believe it is important in life to remember that fact. Ever moment we have a moment to remember that this is the creation, this is the life, this is the choice, this is the love, this is the beauty, this is the soul purpose in me. To find that, to discover that every moment is just a step in the right direction is to create something beautiful; life. That soul purpose depends on breathing into your heart, stretching out with some yoga, and sitting down to write, paint, draw, drink a cup of tea, read a book, make that call, watch that person, listen to that friend, be that human you truly feel you are. 
With this new year I am looking back at the “sticky note” that I wrote last year, and it has been there, on my computer, reminding me, every once in a while, that yet, I am still on that path, still aiming for those goals. Yes that statement still rings true to my heart. Those aspirations where:
New Years Resolutions
1. read and write everyday     (did somewhat. On the way.)
2. save save save save             (hmm... im what i like to call “self employed”)
3. make make make            (YES YES YES =] )
4. sell sell sell                        (I  have been building, did sell more!)
5. love love love                    (      YES.     )
  1. live now live now live now         (        YES.     )
YES.  what an empowering word.... 

That list, three out of six, 1/2, glass half full, half way there, has three items checked off. That just makes me feel so good! Makes me feel as though I am living what I want to live. 
This year, I am going to add:
  1. Meditate Every Day
  2. Sell Leg Warmers At YesOuiSi
  3. Connect deeper with recently made friends; stay connected
  4. Configure Studying abroad in Germany
  5. Get job? Look into ENVIRONMENTALLY FASHION FOCUSED JOBS
  6. Continue to build on Environmental Fashion & Creating
That is why I am here! To deepen my focus on environmental fashion, I am going to be writing and sharing here about accessories that I create and fashion that I find that is environmentally friendly and people conscience. This blog is going to be my building block to creating a life and career on environmental awareness, and specifically friendly fashion!
Welcome to the journey, I can’t give you an itinerary, however, I can give you a warning, this, the year of the dragon, is going to be filled with bumps, bruises, moments to brush off the dirt, and hiking up our skirts, we will be flexing our muscles, and bringing all things that come to pass into our open arms and open hearts, taking what we need and allowing to pass, all that does not serve our individual goals. Good luck and peace. 
-Heron. 

No comments:

Post a Comment