Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thinking about Sustainability...

When the semester starts, it seems like my entire life become engulfed in a tsunami of reading and writing,  going between classes and chores, here there and everywhere, all the while trying to maintain my sense of self and peace.

Often I put yoga to the side, consider my cup of tea as a break but forget to enjoy it while reading some article on climate change, and the only outside time I get is my walks with Gorda. I have been taking her on a longer, more leisurely walk through some reserve area near by. We both love the deep breath we can take while out with no agenda besides to be blissful.

I love to look around at the life I am dreaming up and IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL. I think GrundyLüks will continue to be a source of freedom for me, a source of creative flow and energy movement. A SOURCE OF LIGHT AND LOVE. Thats why I love to share these things with you! I wan't to change the way we see our surroundings; not brainwash, not being egotistical, I want to share the happiness and love and peace and joy and ease that I have found in allowing life to be and truly feeling.  I thank every day for that moment when I was flipping through the book of majors offered at S.S.U. and found "Geography; Environmental Sustainability Concentration" there in the middle of the book. I had just sat down, had my coat and bag still on my shoulder, and was simply flipping through the book! I knew immediately that was for me. Ease. Trust. Feel.

I can't deny the need to keep my drive for creating in sync with my drive to change this world. When I thought of creating a sustainability plan for GrundyLüks the other day it shocked me I hand't done it yet! Well, here it is:

Its a start, a working idea, always subject to new information and changes that happen within me and within my world; our world.

-Erin 

No comments:

Post a Comment